In this Policy when we use the words 'we', 'us' or 'our(s) we are referring to Rustic Interiors UK Ltd and we trade as The Rustic Table Company. We are a Limited Company registered in England and Wales and our company number is 12211602.
Our business address is Unit 1-7 Harden Road Industrial Estate, Harden Road, Lydd, Kent, TN29 9LX.
Our registered company address is King Arthurs Coat, Maidstone Road, Charing, Ashford, TN27 0JS.
The Rustic Table Company is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
If you need to contact us about our products or services, or this website in general, please contact us here.
What data we collect
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identify has been removed (anonymous data).
We collect a variety of information about our customers and visitors to our website. This personal data falls into these categories:
- Identity Data ; This includes title, first name, last name, username or similar identifier and an encrypted version of your login / password. If you interact with us on social media, this may include your social media username.
- Contact Data ; This includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data ; This includes payment card details.
- Transaction Data ; This includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products or services you have purchased from us.
- Profile Data ; This includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, preferences, feedback and survey responses, as well as any profile data which we have added (for example, using analytics and profiling).
- Technical Data ; This includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone settings and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating systems and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Usage Data ; This includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Tracking Data ; This includes information we or others collect about you from cookies and similar tracking technologies.
- Marketing & Communications Data ; This includes your preferences in receiving direct marketing from us and your communications preferences.
Why we collect your personal data
On the basis that is it necessary for the performance of a contract with you, we use your information for the following purposes:
- To allow us to handle your orders, deliver your products and process your payments and refunds
- To let you know, and keep you updated, about your orders
- To process your application when you enter a competition or prize draw
If you do not provide the information we need for these purposes, then we will not be able to process your purchase or competition entry.
On the basis that it is in our legitimate interests – to improve efficiency, effectiveness and profitability of our business – we use your information for the following purposes:
- To update our records and generally maintain your account with us
- To keep a record of when and why you contact us and to keep your contact details up-to-date
- For our statistical or survey purposes – so we can improve our websites and their services to you
- To prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our sites.
- To enable third parties, including social media companies, e-mail and internet service providers, to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf and to assess and improve the effectiveness of our marketing programs
- Understand your behaviour based on the information available to us and send or show you information, offers, surveys and online advertisements for products or promotions we believe are most likely to interest you
- So we can personalise your shopping experience on our sites
Where we rely on our legitimate interests to process your data you have the right to object to us doing so and unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for processing the data for the relevant purpose we will no longer do so.
On the basis that you have consented we use your information for the following purpose:
- To send your e-mails to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you
Where we rely on consent you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
On the basis that it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation on us
- To keep proper books and records of our transactions
- For the prevention of fraud and/or money laundering
Our Security & Protecting your information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Our website uses up-to-date industry procedures to protect your personal information. We also protect the security of your data during transmission using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption software.
Disclosing your information
We may share personal data with the following third parties:
- Suppliers & Service providers (such as technology service providers, payment processing and fraud prevention, manufacturers and post and courier services)
- Auditors and professional advisers like bankers, lawyers, accountants and insurers
- Government, regulators and law enforcement
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers who operate elements of our service and process data on our behalf. These may include businesses who provide technology services such as hosting for our servers and email distribution, and business partners who provide delivery fulfilment services. Where such disclosures are made, this will be under contractual arrangements with us and carried out in accordance with the requirements of relevant data protection laws.
We also share data with third parties connected to advertising, retargeting and analytics. Please see our Cookies Policy, including the cookie list, for more information about who those third parties are.
We will also disclose any of your personal information to any third party where we are under a duty to do so in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or protect any of our rights, property or safety (or those of our customers).
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
How long we keep your information for
We keep your information only for as long as is necessary for the purpose of which is was collected, however we may keep it for longer if we are required to because of legal obligation on us, for example:
Information relating to transactions may be kept for up to 6 years after the transaction has completed for accounting, auditing and taxation purposes.
If you close your account or withdraw consent to us using your information for direct marketing we may retain some of your information for up to 12 months to deal with any disputes that may arise.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Types of Cookies we use
We use both 'Persistent Cookies' (stored by your browser and on your device until their set expiry date) and 'Session Cookies' (expire as soon as you close your web browser).
We use some, or all, of the following types of cookies on our website:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies : These are essential cookies. They’re used to carry out requests you make when you use our sites – for example, remembering information provided by you, such as the items you’ve put in your shopping bag. If you choose to opt out of getting these cookies, then you may not be able to use our sites properly
- Performance Cookies : These cookies allow us to collect data about the way you’ve used our websites, so we can record information about what you’ve viewed. We use these cookies to measure if our customers are getting the most from our sites. We then use this information to improve our sites and help us understand how our customers move around them.
- Functionality Cookies : These cookies allow websites to remember choices you’ve previously made that are specific to you – for example your country selection, language preferences or when you choose to remain signed-in.
Our website may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to The Rustic Table Company, Unit 1-5 Harden Road Industrial Estate, Harden Road, Lydd, Kent, TN29 9LX.
Keeping your information up-to-date
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. You can do this by updating your account.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.